Games are a great way to motivate students to learn their words in small groups. I have created 6 spelling games with gameboards and word cards suitable for students in the early years of school which aligns with 'Within Words' level for the 'Words Their Way' Spelling Program.
The spelling games cover the following word sorts:
* Fun At The Beach - words ending in 'tch' and 'ch'
* The Perfect Match - easy homophones eg. sees/ seas
* Take the Cupcake - words ending in /k/ sound eg. '_ke, _ck, _k'
* Work Your Way to the Top - words ending in _ge, _dge
* Contractions Tic-Tac-Toe
* Squeak and Squawk - Words starting with scr, str, spr, shr, thr, squ
Some of the games have graphics to cater for the boys as well eg. tools, dinosaurs and lego people.
If you are interested in more spelling games, please check out my spelling games for upper and middle primary. I also have a FREE Tricky Sight Words game in my store.
Please consider 'following me' if you are interested in other spelling games as I will be making 6 games for the beginning spelling level (Letter-Name Alphabetic - Words Their Way).