Here are 6 summer themed emergent readers for your beginning and/or struggling readers! Each 6-10 page book has one or two lines of text, as well as a picture that can be colored.
Two books have the option for students to create their own page to add to their book.
Story titles included in this download are:
- Surf's Up - color words, 1 line of text
- Beach Day - 1 line of text, sight words - saw, some, we, option for students to add page
- Where is the Crab? - interactive position words
- I See Summer - color words, sight words - I, see, option for students to add own page
- Ocean, Ocean What Do You See? - 2 lines of text
- There are Flip Flops - 1 line of text, color words
These books are simple to put together! Just copy the books double sided and staple them on the left side. Then cut it down the middle and you have two books!
Your students will love applying their knowledge of sight words to read these emergent readers! When students are finished, they can take them home to share with their families!
clipart from mycutegraphics.com