The weeks before winter break are always an antsy time for students...and teachers! Sometimes you need to keep students busy for a while, but the pressure to meet curriculum goals is always at the door! This 11-page packet includes 6 engaging, curriculum-rich activities to keep students occupied AND learning at the same time. The packet includes both holiday and winter themed activities:
- 2 Christmas logic puzzles, easy and challenging
- "Frosty Categories" cricitical thinking activity that gets students thinking about the science and math YOU have taught this year, along with other curriculum connections
- Proofreading worksheet, with a separate bonus proofreading chart reproducible
- Winter-themed multiplication worksheet (3 digit by 1 digit)
- Synonyms brainstorming challenge (similar to my Summer Synonyms Challenge worksheet)
- Giant winter holidays word search, including over 50 words related to Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hannukah, and winter
- Create-Your-Own word search activity for students to challenge one another
The packet includes ready-to-print PDFs. Most pages are full-color and beautifully illustrated, but also should print nicely in grayscale. Many are appropriate for use in sponge activities, centers, or sub plans. A mixture of winter and holiday theming is included to accomodate students who cannot participate in holiday themed activities.
If you like the activity, please leave feedback and check out my other products. I have many holiday themed resources in my catalog. Keep up with all of my latest creations by following me on Teachers Pay Teachers or becoming a fan of my store on Facebook
Please do not copy this activity for an entire grade level or school. If your colleagues like the activity, please send them to Teachers Pay Teachers!
Smarty Pants Teaching Blog
Smarty Pants Teaching Resources on Facebook
Winter Curriculum Packet by Anna M. Colley
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License