A 6 week rap module on the theme of Earth Day. Each lesson lasting for 30 - 60 mins. I have successfully used it for grades 4 to 6 before. Students will be able to work collaboratively in groups to create grooves for rapping using household items/classroom instruments. Teachers can also use iPad loops to replace these resources if they wish to. Lessons are scaffolded such that students will be able to think of their own rhythmic and melodic layers and write their rap lyrics. A positive and negative example of the Earth Day rap through 2 performance videos by teachers (recorded exclusively for this module) is also provided for a comparison lesson in leading students to discover what makes a good rap.
- Video - Fast food Rap (Rap in daily living)
- Video - Pepsi Commercial Rap (Rap as a form of communication)
- 6 x Detailed Lesson Plan with rationale
- Powerpoint Slides
- Video - Positive Earth Day Rap Example
- Video - Negative Earth Day Rap Example
- Earth Day Rap group worksheet (For composing lyrics and reflections)