Also included in
- This bundle includes 4 products to help keep you and your students happy and productive throughout the year. You get:60 quick, easy, and fun Brain Break Cards.35 different no-cost Reward Coupons.50 Reward Tags that your students can color.20 Growth Mindset Affirmation Posters that your students can$18.44$23.44Save $5.00
These 60 print or digital Brain Breaks are quick, easy, and SUPER FUN! The download includes Task Cards and Google Slides versions so that you'll be able to use them in whatever way makes sense for your students. With two design options (a simple design for older students and a fun animal design for younger students) this resource is perfect for 2nd through 5th graders! In addition to the regular set, there are 48 Brain Breaks to accommodate socially distanced classrooms and remote learning situations.
What's a Brain Break?
- It's just a short energizing activity. Most take about 1-3 minutes.
Why Use Brain Breaks?
- Brain Breaks help send oxygen to the brain, which helps kids better retain what they learn.
- Movement "turns on the brain." If your students are starting to fidget, that's the telltale sign that their brains are starting to go into sleep mode. Turn their brains back on with a Brain Break!
- Brain Breaks are the perfect transition activity!
- They foster social skills and team work!
- Brain Breaks are a reward that students love!
- A Brain Break can reenergize a tired or bored group.
- They help get students' wiggles out.
- They're a great way to encourage physical activity in the classroom.
- KIDS LOVE THEM! - Use the Easel Activity to have students rate their favorite Brain Breaks! They will simply give each option up to 5 stars.
- 60 Brain Breaks Task Cards (With or Without Clipart and Color or Black/White)
- 48 Socially Distanced Task Cards (With or Without Clipart and Color or Black/White)
- Each version includes Google Slides so that you can project the Brain Break.
- Video Randomizer so that you can randomly choose a Brain Break. See a preview here.
These 60 brain breaks have been carefully selected and created to meet the following criteria:
- They all require students to get up out of their seats and move!
- Every student is involved…none are just watching.
- They can be completed in less than five minutes - many take less than a minute.
- They require very little if any prep - most require no prep at all.
- No special materials are needed - a few require pencils, music, or other easily attainable objects.
- They do NOT require the use of a video or video game.
- They are fun!
While there are a few old favorites (Simon Says, Dance Party), many are likely ones you have never tried before. Four blank cards are also included for you to create your own. In addition, there is a page with suggestions for use.
Distance Learning (added July 2020):
With all the stress and challenges that teaching during the COVID Crises
entail, incorporating Brain Breaks into your day is more important than
ever. Students who are confined to their desks for most of the day need
opportunities to move in order to stay focused and calm. Students who are
learning at home also need Brain Breaks (and bathroom breaks don’t
count). In addition, Brain Breaks are a great way to bring some fun into
This product now includes 48 Brain Breaks that have been adapted from the original set in order to accommodate social distancing and distance learning (teaching remotely). Some of the activities remain the same as in the original, some have been altered to keep students at least 6 feet away from each other,
and some are brand new Brain Breaks, created just for this set.
What teachers have said about this resource:
♥ I cannot believe how quick these brain breaks go! My kids adore they them! They beg me to do another every time (I only allow one though because it isn't recess!) They are usually able to focus better after one of these quick breaks also. They love the brain break where they hide a classmate's shoe...hysterical! -ILiveToTeach.
♥ My fifth graders LOVE these! I don't even want to tell them that they are not my idea! They think I am a genius! 60 seconds of this and they are back on track! -Mindi St. Peter.
♥ My kids love these. I printed them on cardstock and had them laminated. We take turns picking a card from the bag - reading the instructions and leading the activity. Great cards. -Sandra M.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
Minds in Bloom