The Paleolithic and Neolithic Ages Unit Guide
This document is a full unit plan for the Paleolithic and Neolithic Ages, designed to meet Common Core and NYS SS Framework guidelines, while incorporating CC ELA skills. Embedded in my unit plan is also the an Inquiry Design Model that was inspired by C3 (College, Career, and Civic Life) Teachers. NYS SS Framework Key Ideas, Standards, Themes and Practices for unit 6.2 are also cited within this unit plan. However, if you teach outside of New York State, the unit topic (Paleolithic and Neolithic Ages) may be a different 6th grade unit or fit within a different unit or grade level.
This unit guide includes:
- a compelling question to guide the whole unit and final debate
- ideas to stage the unit in order to get kids interested in the unit topic
- four supporting questions, used to divide or "chunk" the unit's parts
- formative student assessment tasks for each supporting question
- featured resources that may be used for each performance task
- an extension suggestion, connecting unit to real life in today's world
- a list of the most essential vocabulary for this SS unit topic
I designed, self-assessed, tweaked and used this unit in my own classroom with real students.
This product is three printable pages- making your unit of instruction very clearly organized and easy to follow. The fourth page is just my terms of service... which you should read.
Do you have an observation coming up? I think your observer might find this unit guide helpful too!
Please remember, I’m selling my unit ideas and organized plans. I am not selling the website resource that I may have embedded as links within my plans. But, as it is possible for a web resource to change over time, I will try to check the links each year to ensure they still open to the page I chose and featured as a possible resource.