PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A ZIP FILE CONTAINING THIS RESOURCE IN ALL 7 FONTS FROM AUSTRALIA, US, UK
*64 Coloured coded CONSONANT grapheme charts (64 different vowel sounds)
* A5 size
* Matching words
* Matches my free alphabet smaller A4 chart
* Just display the cards which are appropriate for your level, or focus at that time. Phoneme and Grapheme relationships (sounds and letters) are best introduced slowly over time - add a chart as the phonics sounds and letters are introduced to your children....
* Print them off, place on coloured backing card and laminate. They are ideal for display and reference during writing sessions, shared reading, literacy tasks and works in well with many different phonics programs such as 'thrass', 'jolly phonics', and 'letterland'.
* Go on a 'word hunt' to find words around the room, in books, in newspapers, magazines, with certain phonic groups.
* Make language come alive, make finding phonics sounds within words like a treasure hunt. In much of our reading and writing I would ask the children to go on a sound treasure hunt and see what they can find. Then circle them, colour them, list them, all sorts of things.
* These cards are great reference for all of our teacher resources - for example - classroom theme cards, dolch nouns, and dolch sight words all have phonic sounds within them - children could group all the word cards according to the phonics blends contained in the words.
* Rhyming words in rhymes, poems, and songs are ideal to use with these cards.
* Display these phonics cards and our new matching phonics word cards underneath - ideal for writing and reading reference.
Vowel Grapheme Phonics A5 Charts and Words
by Donna Cox
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at http://www.k-3teacherresources.com
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.k-3teacherresources.com