I have used an interactive notebook for the last 3 years in math and my students love it (well, at least most of them). I found though, that for my lower level students and lower level classes, all of the cute foldable, flippables could be overwhelming and take away quite a bit of instruction time. I decided to adapt my normal interactive notebook to create something more manageable for students who struggled with the interactive piece. I still felt there was a value in taking notes and writing in their notebooks, but this allowed for them to just glue in and insert, which was much easier! The following 216 pages align to the 6th grade common core curriculum. These are the things that I use in my classroom to help instruct for each unit. In addition, at the beginning of the unit, we do vocabulary. This bundle includes all 5 domains for 6th grade math and every standard in the common core math curriculum. It is 144 pages worth of notes. At the end of the bundle are pictures that have all of the answers for each part of the fill in notes and any missing sides that need labeled (which the kids would do in their notes). Everything you need is included!
• I use a paper cutter to cut the margins off to make sure it fits in their notebooks.
• The first page we glue on the left side. The second page is on the right side.
• The first page is teacher led. The second page is student work and journaling. ( I use these as exit tickets sometimes.)
• See my scanned in pictures for my fill in and answers. (These are at the end, you may enlarge if needed.
• I have vocabulary mixed throughout each unit. I actually put all of my vocabulary at the beginning of the unit. You can choose to order how you see fit.
• These are just our notebook inserts. I do numerous examples and practice with my students other than their notes. One example will not make them proficient on a subject, it will usually require many examples. We do these separately as to keep their notebooks as a simple resource for instructions and just a few reference examples.
• You may edit and swap as needed!
*If you are purchasing and going to share, please buy multiple licenses. Thanks!