This lesson helps students develop the ability to recognize and describe empathy from both a canine and human perspective. Students will also be able to describe how the skill of empathy is important to being successful in life.
1. Teacher Guide
2. Feelings Chart
2. PowerPoint-14 colorful and engaging slides
3. Independent Practice Sheet
By the end of this lesson students will be able to:
1. Describe empathy in their own words.
2. Compare and contrast empathy and sympathy.
3. Identify empathy in canine and human interactions.
4. Construct and articulate personal feelings about dog and human emotions.
This lesson is the first of three in a unit that focuses on empathy. You can purchase additional lessons from this unit or purchase the entire bundled unit.