These exponents worksheets are great during modeling, guided practice, and/or independent practice. They also will work well as homework pages or a review packet. The 5 worksheets included are:
1. Understanding exponents: exponential and expanded form
2. Evaluating exponents when the base is a whole number
3. Extending exponent principles to variables
4. Evaluating exponents when the base is a fraction
5. Evaluating exponents when the base is decimal
This product addresses standard 6.EE.A.1. Students learned a little about exponents in 5th grade, using them with a base of 10. At the 6th grade level, exponents are whole numbers, but the base can be a whole number, a decimal, or a fraction. This product meets mathematical practice 3 via the Critical Thinking question at the end of each worksheet. These can be done talking with a partner, or the student can write their answer on the lines provided. Answer keys are included.
See more good stuff on my blog
, or instagram (lauraspaperairplanes)!