Sixth Grade Geometry 4 - Using Equations to Solve Area Problems teaches students how to find the missing information in area problems of squares, parallelograms, trapezoids and triangles using equations. There is also a review of the following area formulas: rectangles, squares, parallelograms, rhombuses, trapezoids and triangles. There are 13 strategies of effective teaching based on research. For best results, students should have white boards and dry erase markers. Included in this powerpoint lesson are the following:
- title slide
- focus slide
- Students will be able to solve area problems of quadrilaterals and triangles using equations.
- essential question
- How can I solve area problems of quadrilaterals and triangles using equations?
- concept development
- step-by-step demonstrations on how to solve area problems of quadrilaterals and triangles using equations
- guided practice
- checking for understanding
- problem solving with word problem
- reward slide
Be sure to follow my store to be alerted of new products. The first 48 hours is always 50% off. CLICK HERE
Don't forget to leave feedback on this lesson to earn points for purchasing other TpT products.
You may be interested in the following related powerpoint lessons:
Link - Common Core 6th Geometry 1 - Area of Triangles
Link - Common Core 6th Geometry 2 - Areas of Rectangles and Squares
Link - Common Core 6th Geometry 3 - Areas of Parallelograms, Rhombuses and Trapezoids
Link - Common Core 6th Geometry 5 - Volume
Link - Common Core 6th Geometry 6 - Polygons in the Coordinate Plane
Link - Common Core 6th Geometry 7 - 3D Figures (Solids) and Their Nets
Link - Common Core 6th Geometry 8 - Surface Area Using Nets