EIGHT COMPLETE Language lessons aligned with the 6th Grade Common Core READING and LANGUAGE Standards. Includes NINE Interactive Notebook assignments, high interest content, engaging hands-on practice activities, Journal pages, PLUS
14 Full Color Content Posters ready to laminate and hang in your classroom. We've created this Unit with an Ancient History Theme, just for 6th Graders!
EACH OF THE 8 LESSONS FEATURES:
• FULL COLOR Language Posters-just print, laminate, and hang in your classroom
• a COMPLETE Language Lesson with highlighted Text Features~Ancient History themed!
• Core Practice activities to grasp each of the 6th Grade Language Standards
• a Close Journal Activity featuring Main Ideas and Details (6.RI.1, 6.RI.4, 6.RI.10)
• a 6th grade Interactive Notebook assignment~all patterns and directions included!
We've provided all of the Content with plenty of hands-on practice for students to grasp each of the 17 Sixth Grade Language Standards:
– Pronouns~subjective, objective, possessive, reflexive, intensive
– Pronouns and Antecedents~shifts in number/person, vague/ambiguous pronouns
– Standard English~restrictive/nonrestrictive elements, varying sentence patterns
– Context Clues~using overall meaning of sentences and paragraphs
– Prefixes and Suffixes~Greek and Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes
– Reference Tools~dictionaries, thesauruses, glossaries, sentence context
– Figurative Language~similes, metaphors, personification
– Word Relationships~analogies, denotations, connotations
In addition to Journal Pages and Core Practice activities, students will then use each lesson's content to create EIGHT Interactive Notebook Assignments:
• Pronoun Organizer
• Pronouns and Antecedents Flip Book
• Restrictive and Nonrestrictive Elements Organizer
• Context Clues Pull-Out Organizer
• Prefixes, Suffixes, and Root Accordion Foldable
• Reference Tools Cooties Catchers + Two-Pocket Organizer
• Figurative Language Flaps + Interactive Myth Booklet
• Word Relationships Analogy Foldable
We've included complete Lesson Plans, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for all of the 6th Grade Core Language Practice, Journal Pages, and Interactive Notebook assignments.
Download the 6th Grade Language Unit Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core Standard alignment, sample lessons, posters, and activities for this unit.
OUR OTHER 6TH GRADE LANGUAGE RESOURCES:
6TH GRADE DAILY PRACTICE & ASSESSMENTS + "I CAN" POSTERS
6TH GRADE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LANGUAGE BUNDLE
6TH GRADE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSONS (INCLUDED IN UNIT AND BUNDLE):
PRONOUNS AND ANTECEDENTS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
STANDARD ENGLISH INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
CONTEXT CLUES INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
PREFIXES AND SUFFIXES INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
REFERENCE TOOLS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
SIMILES, METAPHORS, PERSONIFICATION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
ANALOGIES, DENOTATIONS, CONNOTATIONS INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK LESSON
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING OUR 6TH GRADE LANGUAGE UNIT EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2016-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.