Major 2020 Updates!
Perfect for virtual learning, remote learning, distance learning, eLearning, etc.
This complete bundle will greatly reduce your anxiety about the uncertainties surrounding the 2020-2021 school year due to COVID-19. These materials have built in support for remote instruction and learning, unlike anything else you will find online. After a decade of development and use with thousands of students in my district, I can personally speak to the power of these materials. As unexpected as the switch to remote instruction was for everyone, having these resources was a life saver. It made the sudden transition much less disruptive and allowed verifiable learning to take place. Assessment data showed impressive retention of new content, thanks to the embedded supports. Parents were also very thankful for the resource.
Perhaps the most unique attribute of this bundle is its versatility, both in and out of the classroom. With all of the uncertainty around in-person instruction, you can take comfort in knowing you are covered no matter the outcome. Not only do you get the entire standards-based 6th grade math content in one easy download, you also get all of the digital resources that guide your students with the individual work you assign. Just imagine differentiated practice pages supported by a virtual tutor for every question. Now imagine that tutor can speak over 300 languages and can even communicate without sound. This is the type of support you can expect with this product.
This bundle includes notes, activities, games, differentiated homework practice pages, tests, standards-based rubrics and retake tests for each of the 11 units. The color-coded answer keys make it easy to find answers quickly and explaining WHY the answers work much more efficiently. Additionally, 36 practice tutorial videos are included via QR codes, providing a personal at-home tutor experience for each homework assignment! Check out all of the specifics below.
What you get:
1. Guided Notes: A visually appealing and interactive way to teach every topic. These notes are a great resource for students, parents and teachers! Presented in a non-intimidating, fill-in-the-blank format, with a provided word bank. It is a great way to get kids to take notes and learn the content, without the need to write lengthy sentences. The notes are designed to address essential information and make it visually appealing. There are interactive components and mini investigations integrated into the notes. Your students will actually enjoy filling in the notes!
2. Practice Questions: Looking for more than a basic skills practice? This differentiated practice set has students solve problems using a variety of response types, ranging from multiple choice to word problems. There’s even space to show work right on the page! The real gem is the embedded QR codes, providing video tutorials with an integrated digital feedback system (see description below).
3. *Videos & Quizzes: Imagine math practice pages or homework assignments that come with a tutor, to guide students through every question. Now imagine that these same practice pages have an integrated quiz, to check comprehension as you go, with results visible to the student and teacher! Let’s take it one step further. Videos with subtitles, allowing the flexibility for viewing without sound. Not enough? How about subtitles that can automatically translate the content into 300+ languages! This is precisely what you will find with all 36 videos included in this bundle.
4. Quality Answer Keys: Answer keys with work! These color-coded keys provide easy to follow work, to make sense of the solutions, while quick identifying correct answers. This allows students to figure out where they went wrong. It also models effective communication of mathematical thinking.
5. Activities: Fun activities and explorations that can be used either in the classroom or at home, to complement each of the content strands you are teaching. They are engaging and interactive, custom tailored to address misconceptions while allowing for discovery.
6. Tests, Rubrics and Retakes: Quality questions that genuinely pinpoint the true level of understanding for each topic covered in a unit. All tests contain a variety of response types such as multiple choice, fill in the blank, true-false, word problems, and graph creation. The tiered difficulty of questions for each topic (Type 2: Basic question, Type 3: Word problem or increased difficulty, Type 4: Unique situation requiring the skill) provides a good depth of knowledge gauge for each strand. There is also plenty of space to show work for every problem, right on the test. The embedded innovative UPC feedback system greatly diminishes teacher grading time, allows for student reflection and targets learning. The UPC code below each question provides very specific feedback while eliminating the need for lengthy comments. The "U" identifies an understanding concern, the "P" highlights a precision mistake in the calculation and the "C" identifies a communicating thinking concern. The corresponding standards-based rubric provides an easy to comprehend single-page user-intuitive document for both students and parents. A second version of the assessment is provided as well, to accommodate for retake opportunities. This gives students more time to learn the content and a chance to show proficiency at a future date.
: Purchase orders are ideal for this type of purchase. Now accepted by TPT.
Below is the list of titles for each unit and sub-section.
Unit 1: Expressions
1.1 - Powers & Exponents
1.2 - Variables & Expressions
1.3 - Order of Operations
1.4 - Describing Patterns
Unit 2: Decimals
2.1 - Add & Subtract Decimals
2.2 - Multiply Decimals
2.3 - Standard Algorithm Division
2.4 - Divide Decimals
Unit 3: Factors, Multiples & Fractions
3.1 - Fraction and Decimal Conversions
3.2 - Mixed Number & Improper Fraction Conversions
3.3 - Prime Factorization & Simplifying Fractions
3.4 - GCF and LCM
Unit 4: Rates and Ratios
4.1 - Ratios
4.2 - Rates and Unit Rates
4.3 - Equivalent Rates and Ratios
Unit 5: Fractions
5.1 - Add & Subtract Fractions and Mixed Numbers
5.2 - Multiply Fractions and Mixed Numbers
5.3 - Divide Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Unit 6: Percents
6.1 - Percents as Fractions and Decimals
6.2 - Percent of a Number
6.3 - Missing Percents or Totals
Unit 7: Statistics
7.1 - Statistical Questions
7.2 - Measures of Center
Unit 8: Graphs
8.1 - Dot Plots / Line Plots
8.2 - Histograms
8.3 - Box Plots
Unit 9: Integers, Coordinate Graphing and Areas of Polygons
9.1 - Integers, Rational Numbers & Coordinate Graphing
9.2 - Area of Triangles
9.3 - Area of Quadrilaterals & Special Polygons
Unit 10: Surface Area & Volume of Prisms
10.1 - Surface Area of Prisms
10.2 - Volume of Rectangular Prisms
Unit 11: Algebra
11.1 - Writing Expressions & Equations
11.2 - Simplifying Expressions
11.3 - Solving Equations
11.4 - Graphing & Solving Inequalities
: The embedded videos are hosted on edpuzzle.com. No log in required! No ads! No usernames or passwords to remember. These are subtitled videos with built in self-graded comprehension questions. This has proven to be an invaluable resource for my own students and parents alike. Whether absent from class or simply stuck at home, it really levels the playing field for all students. As a bonus, it’s really good at eliminating excuses for why work cannot be completed. For access to translations in over 300 languages, a video, by the same name, is also available on YouTube. Although it foregoes the digital feedback provided on edpuzzle, it allows students with language barriers to access the math content.
: Although the video and embedded quiz are free, there is an option to activate a Pro account on edpuzzle, for increased functionality. With an upgraded account, teachers can track the comprehension scores on completed practice pages for each registered student. This can be hugely beneficial in a variety of ways. Scores can be used to assign homework grades, free up class time by eliminating the need to “go over homework”, accurately identify which students need additional support without the need for additional assessments, or simply to inform parents of timely assignment follow-through and comprehension.
If you like what you see, follow me! New materials will be posted frequently in the Actis Standard store. Guaranteed to optimize your impact!