This resource is a review of various math concepts taught in 6th grade. There are 12 activities which consist of a group task card and student handouts. The students in the group will discuss the task card and then complete individual student handouts relating to the task.
The tasks include these concepts.
1. Unit Rate
2. Tables of Equivalent Ratios
3. Ratio/Rate Problems
4. Divide Fractions
5. Rational Numbers
6. Graph Points
7. Absolute Value
8. Distance Between 2 Points
9. Write/Evaluate Algebraic Expressions
10. Equivalent Expressions
11. Statistical Measures of Center – Mean and Median
12. Measures of Variability – MAD and IQR
Common Core State Standards:
6.NS.1, 5, 6, 7, 8
6.EE.2, 3, 4
In Grade 6, instructional time should focus on four critical areas:
(1) connecting ratio and rate to whole number multiplication and division
and using concepts of ratio and rate to solve problems;
2) completing understanding of division of fractions and extending the notion of number
to the system of rational numbers, which includes negative numbers;
(3) writing, interpreting, and using expressions and equations; and
(4) developing understanding of statistical thinking.
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
The activities may be used in a variety of ways.
1. End of the Year Review of the Four Critical Areas in 6th Grade Math
2. Review of a Single Unit Taught During the Year
3. Activity While Teaching a Particular Standard or Objective
Each of the activities was designed to be a group activity. Students will discuss information given on a group task card. Then each student will complete a handout.
Click on a title below for additional 6th grade math resources.
6th Grade Math - Expressions and Equations Bundle - CCSS 6.EE.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
Common Core Math 6th Grade - Statistics and Probability - CCSS 6.SP
Math Board Games Bundle - 6th Grade - (6.RP) (6.NS) (6.EE) (6.G) (6.SP)
Common Core Math 6th Grade Geometry 6.G.1 Area Parallelogram Triangle Activities
Common Core Math 6th Grade Ratios and Proportional Relationships 6.RP.1.2.3ab
Common Core Math 6th Grade Ratios and Proportional Relationships 6.RP.3cd
Thanks for viewing!
Created by Hilda Ratliff