Also included in
- Summer Math PacketsLooking for a good way to review math concepts with your students? These math review packets cover many of the major topics taught in middle school math (4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade (Pre-Algebra), & Algebra I)!Each packet contains around 100 questions$31.20$39.00Save $7.80
6th Grade Summer Math Packet ~ Summer Prep Packet for Incoming 7th Grade Math Students
Looking for a good way to review core 6th grade math concepts with your students? This math review packet covers some of the major topics taught in 6th grade math.
How is this packet different from my level 2 6th grade math packet?
This level 1 packet focuses on just the basics of 6th grade math - the main topics that students should be comfortable with before entering 7th grade math (fractions, decimals, one-step equations, perimeter, area, & volume). It is great for low-average 6th grade math students. The level 2 packet is a more challenging packet designed for more advanced 6th grade math students, covering a wider scope of topics (everything covered in the level 1 packet PLUS ratios, unit rates, converting fractions, decimals, & percent, percent of a number, comparing integers, coordinate plane graphing, order of operations, and evaluating algebraic expressions). There is also a much greater emphasis on word problems & problem solving in the level 2 packet.
This 6th Grade Math Review Packet (level 1) covers:
- adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing fractions and mixed numbers
- adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing decimals
- area and perimeter of 2D figures, and volume of rectangular prisms (a few geometry-related word problems are included, as well)
- one-step equations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division equations)
The packet contains 100 questions for the students to solve, as well as worked-out examples and descriptions of how to solve the various types of problems. An answer sheet is also included.
This review packet makes an excellent summer math packet for 6th grade students but it would also be a great August/September back to school review for 7th graders, as well as good practice of core concepts before standardized or state testing for any middle school student!
Please download the preview file to see all the pages of this file.
Need a summer math packet for a different grade? Check out:
The 17 pages of this resource include:
- 1 cover page
- 5 student work pages (100 total questions)
- 5 pages of explanations & worked out examples
- 5 pages of answer key