Also included in
- Summer Math PacketsLooking for a good way to review math concepts with your students? These math review packets cover many of the major topics taught in middle school math (4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade (Pre-Algebra), & Algebra I)!Each packet contains around 100 questions$31.20$39.00Save $7.80
6th Grade Summer Math Packet ~ Summer Prep Packet for Incoming 7th Grade Math or Pre-Algebra Students
Looking for a good way to review 6th grade math concepts with your students? This math review packet covers many of the major topics taught in 6th grade math.
How is this packet different from my level 1 6th grade math packet?
The level 1 packet covers just the basics of 6th grade math - the main topics that students should be comfortable with before entering 7th grade math (fractions, decimals, one-step equations, perimeter, area, & volume). It is great for low-average 6th grade math students. I designed this level 2 packet to give to the advanced 6th grade math students at my school who will be entering pre-algebra the following year. It is a more challenging packet than my level 1 6th grade math packet and also covers a wider scope of topics (see below for a complete list). There is also a much greater emphasis on word problems & problem solving in this level 2 packet.
This review packet covers:
- all four operations with decimals, including order of operations with decimals
- all four operations with fractions & mixed numbers
- ratios, rates, & unit rates
- converting fractions, decimals, and percent
- finding the percent of a number
- comparing integers & absolute value
- graphing in the coordinate plane (all 4 quadrants)
- perimeter and area of 2D figures (rectangles, parallelograms, triangles, & trapezoids) & volume of rectangular prisms
- evaluating algebraic expressions
- solving one-step equations
- problem solving
The packet contains 100 questions for the students to solve, as well as detailed descriptions and worked-out examples for each of the various topics covered in the packet. An answer key is also provided.
This review packet makes an excellent summer math packet for 6th grade students but it would also be a great August/September back to school review for 7th graders who will be starting math 7 or pre-algebra, as well as good practice of core concepts before standardized tests or state testing for any middle school student!
Please download the preview file to see all the pages of this file.
Need a summer math packet for a different grade? Check out:
The 21 pages of this download include:
- cover page
- credit page
- 7 student work pages (100 total problems)
- 5 pages of explanations & examples
- 7 pages of answer keys