I am excited to share this test prep MYSTERY CHALLENGE activity with you and your students! You will begin this activity by reading a short story that will challenge your students to solve the case of the missing candy mints. They will have to find out who took the them, when they took them, and where they put them. To solve the case, students will work to complete 9 different task cards. The task cards are based on sixth grade math standards. The students are allow use a calculator to complete these tasks. Once they complete a task card, they will receive a clue. After they have all 9 clues, they will be able to solve the mystery. As a fun culmination, there are awards. You could also present a candy mint too! This is similar to the who dunnit activities.
Here is what you will receive in this exciting adventure pack!
- Who, When, and Where Posters (6 pages)
- Case of the Missing candy mints Letter (color and b & w)
- Posters (15 pages)
- 9 Task cards (color and b & w)
- Student Journals and answer sheet (3 pages)
- Clues (11 pages)
- Student Awards (color and b & w)
- Answer Key (2 pages)
- Finding a 20% tip
- Dividing decimals
- Absolute value
- Finding least common multiple
- Finding ratios in a word problem
- Using ratios to solve word problems
- Ordering rational numbers
- Writing an equation from a table
- Finding range and mode from a line plot
- Finding surface area of rectangular prisms
- Finding area of triangles
- Finding surface area of nets
- What shape do the given vertices make?
- Find median and lower quartiles from a table
I also have a paper/pencil test prep and a set of Google Classroom test prep task cards if you are interested.
Some fun ways to connect....
FOLLOW ME ON TPT.
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK.
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM.
FOLLOW MY JOURNEY AT MY BLOG.