I am excited to share this test prep MYSTERY CHALLENGE activity with you and your students! You will begin this activity by reading a short story that will challenge your students to solve the case of the missing scratch paper. They will have to find out who took the paper, when they took it, and where they put it. To solve the case, students will work to complete 9 different task cards. The task cards are based on sixth grade math standards. The students are allow use a calculator to complete these tasks. Once they complete a task card, they will receive a clue. After they have all 9 clues, they will be able to solve the mystery. As a fun culmination, there are awards. You could also present a candy treat too! This is similar to the who dunnit activities.
Here is what you will receive in this exciting adventure pack!
- Who, When, and Where Posters (6 pages)
- Case of the Missing Scratch Paper Letter (color and b & w)
- Posters (15 pages)
- 9 Task cards (color and b & w)
- Student Journals and answer sheet (3 pages)
- Clues (11 pages)
- Student Awards (color and b & w)
- Answer Key (2 pages)
- Finding equivalent expressions
- Finding common multiples
- Finding tips and percent of a number
- Comparing integers and rational numbers
- Finding area, perimeter, and volume
- Creating shapes on a coordinate graph
- Using a line plot, find the median
- Writing equations form tables and story problems
- Writing ratios as fractions and percents
- Writing decimals as fractions
- From a table, identify the mean, mean absolute deviation, and inner quartile range
I also have a paper/pencil test prep and a set of Google Classroom test prep task cards if you are interested.
Some fun ways to connect....
FOLLOW ME ON TPT.
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK.
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM.
FOLLOW MY JOURNEY AT MY BLOG.