It’s truly amazing. Students never get tired of these. They ask me every day what the riddle or joke is going to be today.
Riddles are a great way to make a boring worksheet fun. However, I found students knew the answer to the riddle and just chose the answers to fill in the letters without doing any of the math. This way, students have to create the riddle before they can answer it.
This bundle contains word problems that are aligned with the 6th Grade Common Core Standards.
Here is what is included in the Bundle
1. Writing Ratios in Simplest Form Create a Riddle Activity
2. Finding the Unit Rate Create a Riddle Activity
3. Solving Ratio Word Problems Create a Riddle Activity
4. Unit Rate Comparison Word Problems Create a Riddle Activity
5. Solving Unit Rate Word Problems Create a Riddle Activity
6. Unit Conversions - Inches, Feet and Yards Create a Riddle Activity
7. Unit Conversions - Capacity, Distance and Weight Create a Riddle Activity
The preview has the link for each of these activities, so be sure to check it out.
* Perfect for centers, homework or independent/group practice
* Engaging activity for students to practice
* Answer Key included