6th Grade TOP 20 Math, Language, Science, Social Skills Variety Pack
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
Products in this Bundle (20)
showing 1-5 of 20 products
Includes printable PDF versions. 9 resources also include Google Slides™ digital versions for distance learning. This variety pack includes 20 top rated resources for 6th grade which address important reading comprehension, math, vocabulary, writing, spelling, and social skills. Answer keys included.
--- RESOURCE DETAILS ---
Some of the 6th grade resources in this bundle provide non-fiction reading passages and articles that emphasize reading comprehension skills. Included are biographies of historical heroes and founding fathers. Skills reviewed in these resources include cause and effect, inferences, compare and contrast, problem solving, drawing conclusions, identifying important facts, using context clues, identifying important details and using text evident to support conclusions. The graphic organizers address character traits, sequencing, story details, and summarizing. Also included are motivating and effective reading and word games that focusing on categorization and exposure to reading genres.
The math resources for grade 6 engage students in a variety of challenging and effective math activities. The math vocabulary and meanings resources give 6th grade students multiple approaches to learning and retaining essential vocabulary terms. The math puzzles are very motivating and provide excellent practice with basic operations. The lattice multiplication puzzles present a unique way to calculate multi-digit multiplication problems.
The social skills resource allow students to engage in meaningful and rewarding kindness activities that all kids should practice in school. The science resource take students through the scientific process and prepare students for a science fair. A few activities use QR code technology to give immediate feedback. Full answer keys are provided on all relevant resources. The activities are great for homework, practice, centers, or test prep. Most activities are no-prep with others just minimal preparation needed. Most resources are aligned with the common core and other state and national language standards.
PDF pages in the resources can be printed either in color or grayscale with good results. These activities are effective as a homeschool or summer reading resource and are easily adaptable to existing lesson plans. The worksheets and activities can be used as a quick comprehension assessment tool.
Listed below are brief descriptions of each product.
• Myths and Legends Included in this packet are ten wonderful and diverse myths and legends including Native American, Canadian, and Greek mythology. Students will engage in comprehension activities. 65 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Founding Fathers Reading Comprehension This resource includes all five packets in the Founding Fathers Series including George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, and Benjamin Franklin. These five statesmen were considered the top five founding fathers in American history. Each packet includes a balanced and accurate article, comprehension activities, answer keys and graphic organizer. 46 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Heroes of History Reading Comprehension Included in this packet are nine wonderful and diverse stories of the greatest real-life men and women heroes of the past including Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi, Father Flanagan, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., Anne Frank, Dalai Lama, and Harriet Tubman. Students will engage in comprehension activities 49 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Color-Code Comprehension The informational articles and comprehension activities require students to justify answers by color-coding text evidence. The unique tasks are motivating and teach kids to think about what they read. 66 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Fables Reading Comprehension Ten wonderful Aesop and other fables for 4th grade - 5th-grade kids along with comprehension activities, questions, writing activities. Aligned with common core standards. Fable-making guide teaches students how to write their own fables. 76 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Complete Novel Unit with Audio - Mystery at Pineview Lake Exciting 182-page adventure novel with vocabulary and comprehension activities that address important reading skills. Full unabridged audiobook included. Great way to promote reading enjoyment. 220 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Donald J. Trump Biography Donald Trump is a business billionaire, reality TV star, and 45th president of the United States. This biography includes a balanced overview of his life, comprehension activities, and graphic organizer. 11 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Reading Genre Bingo Give kids exposure to different kinds of genres. Reading different kinds of books broadens student understanding and skill. A perfect way to motivate kids to read. Easy print, cut, use format. Now Editable. 15 pages. Editable PowerPoint format.
• Journal Prompts Task Cards Get kids writing with these 72 fun and interesting journal task cards. The cards pose thought-provoking questions with motivating graphics. Great for centers, daily journal writing, enrichment, or productive time fillers. 22 pages. Printable PDF version.
• Word Wise Categorization Game Players use knowledge and speed to classify words into several categories. Great for using vocabulary words that go along with units being taught in class or for holidays. 7 pages. Printable PDF version.
• Capture! Word Puzzle Game Plays like the game Battleship® but with words. A great way to reinforce language skills such as vocabulary and spelling. Also good for teaching math skills such as coordinates and grids. 5 pages. Printable PDF version.
• Acts of Kindness Task Cards A favorite of mine! Promote being kind, thoughtful, caring in school and classroom with these 48 acts of kindness task cards. A random kind act can be rotated weekly. Great way to build character and community. 16 pages. Editable PowerPoint version.
• Math Algebraic Thinking Picture Puzzles Fun but challenging math picture puzzles effectively sharpen critical-thinking and problem-solving. Students use algebraic thinking and order of operations to determine values of pictures and solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, division equations. 45 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Math Vocabulary Task Cards These effective math vocabulary no-prep task cards with QR code technology includes 60 essential math vocabulary terms and meanings that students in 4th grade should master. Addresses core standards. 21 pages. Printable PDF version.
• Math Vocabulary Problems Worksheets Kids in grade 5 complete worksheets on which there are five problems. Each problem presents a math vocabulary meaning and multiple choice list of four words. The student matches that definition to the correct math vocabulary word. The worksheets use QR code technology to give immediate feedback. 34 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Math Vocabulary Bingo Game A fantastically fun way to learn and review important math vocabulary terms for 2nd grade. 30 boards and adjustable difficulty makes this a great review tool for your math program. 40 pages. Includes printable PDF version.
• Math Vocabulary Flash Cards Students use the flash cards and suggested fun activities to study the 75 essential math vocabulary words for the 6th grade year. It's a great way to review or prepare for tests. Simple print, cut, fold, use format. 20 pages. Includes printable PDF format.
• Lattice Multiplication Worksheets A great collection of lattice multiplication worksheets perfect for school or homeschool settings. Provides an effective alternate multiplication strategy to help students multiply larger numbers. QR code capable. 33 pages. Includes printable PDF format.
• Science Fair Student Guide This effective guide is the ultimate tool for helping students achieve success creating wonderful experiments and projects. Students are guided step-by-step which makes the entire process easy and fulfilling. 25 pages. Includes printable PDF and Google Slides™ versions.
• Test-Taking Tips Improve test performance with effective testing preparation strategies for 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade and on up. The tips help reduce student fear, anxiety, stress while increasing the likelihood of success. 22 pages. PowerPoint version.
I take pride in my products and guarantee satisfaction. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about any of my materials.
Please note that some of the products in this grade level bundle may crossover into other bundles. Some products may be appropriate for more than one grade level.
--- ABOUT THE AUTHOR ---
Rick Whitehead has been a teacher and author for over 30 years in public and private practice. His background includes teaching in public schools, curriculum development, school program design, private mentoring and author of juvenile fiction. He is devoted to helping children learn and grow by providing high-quality resources that are highly motivating and effective even for the most reluctant learners.