Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Winter Math Mystery is designed to engage your students. Your student solve clues to help discover where the Ice Queen is being held captive and put a stop to the rising Snowman Army! Entertain and motivate your students with this fun winter detective story, which also encourages critical thinking as they must reason their way through eliminating locations.
An optional video hook is available to use to introduce this activity to your students.
A written story is also provided within the PDF mystery file to use as an alternative.
NEW - Editable Locations list added to the packet. This way you can change the place names and alter the mystery outcome. There are also two alternative pre-made lists you can use instead.
There are 5 clues to crack to solve this mystery:
- Clue 1: Multiplying with Fractions (including mixed number fractions, wholes and fractions with fractions) - simplifying required
- Clue 2: Percents of Money Amounts
- Clue 3: Converting Decimals to Fractions (Fill in the missing numerator to complete the fraction)
- Clue 4: Absolute Value and Opposite Integers
- Clue 5: Multiply and Divide Decimals by Powers of 10
Instructions, answer sheets, a mystery declaration sheet and awards are also included.
Great Winter Math Activity!
This math mystery story is currently also available for GRADES 2-6 (or if you would like an easier level or skill selection):