What is 6th grade Ratio Recipes Lesson?
- A fun project based digital lesson plan to use to reinforce and teach students' the 6th grade ratio standards.
- Students will find equivalent ratios using recipes in tables on Google Slides or Powerpoint slides.
What will you find in this resource?
- Complete plans & student solving pages prepared for the project
- 4 recipes in a table to create equivalent ratios/ different serving sizes.
- Editable slides for rubrics & directions
- "Try it Chef" slide to encourage students to (safely) make a recipe in the project.
- "Family Recipe" slide for students to enter a recipe from their family and make different serving sizes.
- Google Slides have text boxes for students to edit the slides.
How can you use 6th grade Ratio Recipes Project Lesson Plan in your classroom?
- Assign to students virtually and allow them to show their work directly on the slide. (No sure which tech tools to use? Check out my Blog Post!)
- Ask students to do one slide at a time, then host a debrief conversation with students. You could select students to share their thinking and how they arrived at their answers with the other students. Then, assign the next recipe as a follow up.
Simply use the Google slides by assigning them to students to edit and add their responses.
Want to see this in action?
- I'm using this in my classroom in the December of 2020 and documenting it on Instagram so be sure to follow along.
- Let’s stay connected on Instagram &Twitter for more examples of how I use this in my classroom.
- Check out my website! www.locallearnersandco.com
- Get my FREE GUIDE '10 Ways to Transform your Math Classroom Culture & help your students fall in love with math' @my website!
- Sign up for my
Like FREE MONEY? Haha, duh.
- Reviewing TPT purchases gives you FREE TPT credit!
- Click on “My Purchases”>> Find the resource>> Click “Leave a Review”>>Select 1-5 Stars and jot a quick sentence of feedback.
Other resources you might like: