In this free lesson, 2 (out of the original 7) maps, graphs, and charts can be used to supplement any unit on 20th Century America! These activities help teach essential chart, graph, and map skills!
Feel free to use these 2 activities, but don't forget to check out the full version for 5 more skill-building activities:
7 Charts, Maps, and Graphs from 20th Century America!
These work best when used with any time of study between 1900-2010. Or, if you prefer to focus on just math skills they can be integrated into any unit of study! These activities can be used as daily warmups or to enhance graph skills in isolation.
The 2 free activities include:
- Percentage of United States Population: Urban & Rural, 1800-1900
- Child Labor, 1870-1930
The 5 other activities are included in the full, paid version:
- Percentage of Mothers (with children under 6 years of age) Who Work Outside the Home
- Vote Cast for President by Major Political Party: 1992 to 2000
- Mean Center of the U.S. Population, 1790 - 2000
- Gender Ratio of Higher Education, 1970 - 2020
- The Growth of the World Population, 1950 - 2050
Tons of fun! Great for industrialization! Urbanization! Women in the workforce! Women in Education! World Population! Population Density! Population Growth!
Be sure to follow the History with Mr E Facebook page
, and don't forget to signup for the Social Studies Newsletter
to receive information on flash sales, product releases, and classroom tips!