The idea for this mini-book came out of my frustration with needing to reinforce skills but I had limited amounts that I could copy. I would have a workbook that had problems but I didn’t have a means of utilizing them. So, behold, “No Copy Paper Required” was born!
We know that worksheets themselves “don’t grow dendrites”. As math educators we have to provide guided practice in the classroom for my students that utilizes effective small group strategies. All that you need is just one copy of any worksheet because you are going to use the worksheet problems in activities that will reinforce the skills. You just need either one initial copy of the document in question or you can utilize the problems without it! NO COPY PAPER REQUIRED! Please note that you will have to use other items that you probably already have on hand to make these activities work.
That is the purpose of this mini-book. The strategies that are given provide meaningful usages of those workbook problems while also utilizing research-based best practices for instruction.
1. Use problems from worksheets to practice operations using small group pairs.
2. Use problems from worksheets as part of a Gallery Walk and Review.
3. Use problems from worksheets to create BINGO Games.
4. Use problems from worksheets to create Find the Error Problems.
5. Use problems from worksheets to create CRA charts.
6. Use problems from worksheets to teach students the sequence for solving any set of equations.
7. Use problems from worksheets that combine two or more objectives to create study charts.