- This 190-page bundle of ten resources is more than you will ever need to dive in to Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried. It is designed for students in AP English Language & Composition, dual enrollment, college freshman composition, or a Common Core-aligned American literature class. The unit$35.00$47.00Save $12.00
- Get $10 off this 332-page resource! This bundle offers the six basic instructional resources needed to build an AP English Language & Composition (AP Language or AP Lang) course. Lesson plans are detailed and specific and ready to teach. All six are included in Angie's large AP English Language$65.00$75.00Save $10.00
- Teach high school students to write in every rhetorical mode (mode of discourse), including argumentation and persuasion, rhetorical analysis, literary analysis, and seven other modes. This resource contains 450 pages of lesson plans, handouts, prompts, rubrics, and assessments. Materials are aligne$76.00$91.00Save $15.00
- This digital-friendly bundle combines my AP LANG BASICS BUNDLE with my AP LANGUAGE MULTIPLE CHOICE SUPER BUNDLE to form an exam-specific collection of resources for the Advanced Placement English Language & Composition course.Included are detailed units for the three free-response questions, a c$120.00$140.00Save $20.00
- ***ALIGNED WITH 2019 CED AND CHANGES TO THE EXAM***This ever-growing AP English Language & Composition bundle is for the first-time instructor or seasoned teacher who needs to shake things up a bit. It contains 1077 pages of AP Language and Composition resources (all 50 of my AP products!). Pric$232.50$266.50Save $34.00
- ***Aligned with the 2019 Course and Exam Description and changes to the exam!***This AP English Language & Composition bundle is for the first-time instructor or seasoned teacher who needs to shake things up a bit. It contains 963 pages of AP Language and Composition resources (40 of my AP produ$196.50$226.50Save $30.00
Students must learn to write in and analyze all the rhetorical modes. These types of writing are often broken down into argumentation and persuasion, narration, description, and exposition. Exposition breaks even further down into five more "sub modes."
This resource expands on the seven modes outside of argumentation and persuasion. For more help teaching students to write solid arguments and persuasive pieces, take a look at Argumentation & Persuasion: A Complete Unit (PDF and Google Slides).
Want a free eight-page sampler of this resource? Shoot me your email address, and you’ll get the entire set of materials for the descriptive mode.
The following modes are addressed in this resource:
Classification and Division
Materials for each mode include the following:
•a two-page student handout
•a list of prompts
•a graphic organizer
•a rubric with points assigned
•a rubric with no points assigned
•an annotated, diverse list of suggested models
•a tips sheet for analysis of pieces written in the specified mode
All materials are provided in both PDF and Google Slides. On Google Slides, graphic organizers and rubrics include text boxes for input.
Are you a high school English teacher? Come join the Facebook group High School English with Angie Kratzer.