PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
My favorite unit of all time: a 7-week, student-direct unit plan where students choose the quarter's theme (for these materials, the theme was betrayal) and, once they have done this, choose a book aligned to this theme.
In my classrooms, students were reading 4 books at one time, working in "book clubs," and designing their own discussion and essay prompts. THEME and BOOKS are easily adaptable for your students and their interests!
If you purchase this unit plan, you will also receive:
1) A standard-guide for each assignment within the unit plan. This guide contains the CCSS aligned to each assignment, in addition to the objective tied to each standard.
2) All documents used for the novel study, including annotation guides, assignments that allow students to create their own essay prompts, literature circle roles and discussions, and more!
3) A sample pacing guide for students. Since students will be reading multiple novels within the same classroom, allowing them to plan out their quarter is critical!
4) Accommodated assignments for students! Outlines built for all essay prompts that will assist your struggling writers.
5) The Final Exam for this unit of study: a Socratic Seminar in which students discuss the quarter's essential question! This final exam includes this Pre-Socratic Seminar thought organizer in addition to peer observation forms, so students can grade each other!
Enjoy! Happy to answer any and all clarifying questions!