This includes a template for the game 7 families. There is no game; it is just a template with place holders. The template was created using PowerPoint, so after you have filled in all of your places, you can print 6 per page (recommended: print in color on cardstock so that students cannot see each others cards), laminate, cut out, and voilà - a game that you can cherish until the end of time!
Despite the name "7 familles," this template actually has 8 color categories - if you need less, just delete the color(s) you don't want. If you need more, you will need to create them (I would suggest paring down your list or creating multiple games).
The cards were originally intended to be used in a game of 7 familles; however, I can imagine other uses as well:
- 7 familles (original intent)
- randomly distribute cards and have students create sentences with them
- randomly distribute cards and have students write a story using them
- oral review (whole-class or small group)
I enjoy using 7 familles (in different versions) in my classroom at several times:
- enrichment for quick students
- enrichment days
- expose students to vocabulary not normally covered in class
- increase visual exposure to vocabulary covered in class
- practice speaking French in a low-pressure situation (games)