Also included in
- All of the middle school math puzzles that I have created so far are included.I will update the file every time I post a new triangle matching puzzle.This is GREAT NEWS for you! Once you purchase this item, you will have access to any future triangle matching puzzles at no extra cost.31 Puzzles Inc$59.99$101.00Save $41.01
This puzzle is a fun way to practice subtracting integers!
Forget about the boring worksheet...this puzzle will keep your class engaged and give them the practice they need.
Just print and go - it comes with an answer key. Easy day!
- The expressions have 2 terms.
- The differences include numbers from -13 to 13. No differences repeat.
- The numbers -19 to -14 and 14 to 19 are used along the rim.
- The text is read along the outside of the triangle. If you rotate your triangle, you will easily be able to read all of the text right side up.
- For every spot that the triangles match up, the expression and answer must match up.
- When two triangles are touching (share a side), they must be a match.
- There will be expressions and solutions that are not used. They will end up along the outer rim of the puzzle with no match.
How can you use this activity?
- Independent Practice
- Group Work
What should you do about early finishers?
- Give students some blank triangles. Once they have finished the puzzle, they can continue the puzzle with expressions and solutions of their own.
- See who can add on the most triangles before time expires.
- *BONUS: You can now use these cards in the future.*
How to solve the puzzle:
- Solve each expression to find the solution.
- Match up expressions with their correct answer.
- When matches are found, place the puzzle pieces and work on the next part.
- Make sure that all shared lines represent the same number.
- Once everything matches up, you are finished! Congrats!
Check out some other integer operations puzzles: