This set of cards can be used to review the various concepts related to the 7th Grade PARCC CCSS in Mathematics:
• Ratio and Proportional Relationships,
• the Number System,
• Expressions and Equations,
• Geometry, and
• Statistics and Probability.
Each question is modeled after a real PARCC question.
Each card has a problem written in black and an answer to another problem (in the magnifying glass).
You can either use ten cards with a heart at the bottom of the card, 10 cards with a club at the bottom of the card, or use all twenty cards that have a diamond on the bottom of the card. If you use one of the ten card sets you may want to make a duplicate copy of the ten cards. This way you can post twenty cards around the room randomly.
No matter if you use one of the ten card sets or the twenty card set you always start the activity by giving each student a copy of the recording sheet. Start each student at any card in the set. Students record which problem they are solving on the recording sheet, solve their assigned problem on the recording sheet and then go on a scavenger hunt to find their answer on another card, inside the magnifying glass. Students continue to solve problems until they have solved all the problems in the set.
If a student gets an answer that does not match any of the answers on the card it is indicating they are having trouble solving the problem. The students should seek help from the teacher or some other designated helper.
There are several ways you can use the cards.
• Give the students a limited amount of time to complete the displayed cards. Assign grades based on how many questions a student answer correctly.
• Pair students to work together as partners to complete the scavenger hunt. Give one recording sheet to each pair of students. Each person takes turn writing the solutions to the problems.
A complete set of solutions is included.
Comments from buyers:
• Great activity!!!
• Great Resource! Thanks!