Products in this Bundle (12)
showing 1-5 of 12 products
The 7th Grade Back to School Bundle includes 16 products from my store, ranging from Classroom Management, Positive Behavior Rewards, and much more! There are several activity choices to allow your students to get to know one another during those first weeks back to school. In additional, several of the products contain EDITABLE templates that will allow you to customize aspects of the products to fit the needs of your students.
☞ ☞ The following files are included in this download: ☜ ☜
• Product #1- Back to School Learning Stations: The Back to School Learning Stations product, which contains over 70 pages of resources, is just what you are looking for! These learning stations will make even the most tedious and boring first day tasks into something that will capture students’ attention and get them excited about your class.
Students will love that they are not stuck in their seats listening to the teacher at the front of the classroom and the fact that they have the freedom to make their own choices at several of the stations. Teachers will LOVE that this product contain everything that you need to implement the learning stations in their classroom and it requires low to medium prep work. In addition, there are several EDITABLE templates that make it easy for teachers to customize the learning stations to better meet the needs of their individual students.
The following files are included in this download:
• Teacher Tips and Suggestions Guide: There is an individual how-to guide for each of the six learning stations that includes teacher tips and suggestions to successfully implement the stations. In addition, there are general instructions to implement the learning stations and specific teacher instructions for each learning station. I have also included teacher models and work samples that I have used in my own classroom.
• Student Resources for Each Learning Station:
➟ Learning Station #1- Student Facebook Profile Information Sheet: Throw out those index cards or standard information sheets that students hate to fill out and replace them with a Facebook Profile for each student to complete. Students can attach a picture to the profile. In addition, there is space for students to be important contact information, background information about themselves, and series of questions related to ELA for them to answer.
➟ Learning Station #2- “What I Need” Gallery Wall: This gallery wall activity allows students to reflect on what they need to be successful this school year. There are four custom questions that teachers can use as well as blank templates for teachers to create their own questions for students to reflect upon. Students will either write their answers directly onto the posters or write them on sticky notes that are then placed on each poster. This station is a great activity for students to collaborate with one another about what is necessary for success this school year.
➟ Learning Station #3- Syllabus Scramble Scavenger Hunt: Ditch that boring first day routine of standing in front of your students to go over class expectations and important information. The Syllabus Scramble Scavenger Hunt uses guiding questions to help students hunt through your syllabus to find the most relevant information for your class. They can practice their text annotation skills by highlight/underlining important information and then answering their questions on the scavenger hunt. This allows you to see what misconceptions your students have so that you can address only the unclear information with your students. This is a great way to promote meaningful collaboration by having your students complete this station with a partner.
➟ Learning Station #4- Goal Setting Activity: This station allows your students to take part in a fun goal setting activity that can easily help create a class time capsule. There are several pre-designed goal setting organizer where your students can set a goal for something they want to accomplish by the end of the school year, explain the importance of their goal, and create an action plan. There is also an EDITABLE organizer that you can customize to fit the needs of your students. After all your students complete this activity, seal up their organizers into a shoebox time capsule that will be opened at this end of the school year. This will be an awesome reflection tool to revisit at the end of the school year.
➟ Learning Station #5- Get Organized: Another time consuming and sometimes chaotic first day experience can be collecting student supplies and getting their personal supplies organized. This station allows a small number of students to turn in their school supplies in an organized manner. There are several pre-designed labels that you can use to show students where their supplies should be placed and there are blank templates that allow you to customize the labels to fit your needs. In addition, this is also the place where students will organize their personal supplies like their class folder or binder. I have included blank templates that you can use to give specific step by step instructions for your students.
➟ Learning Station #6- Back to School Choice Board Activity: This station will be a big hit with your students because it allows them to pick one of four creative tasks that can be used to get to better know your students. Students can create an acrostic poem, word cloud collage, Snapchat images, or they can blog about their goals for this school year. These finished products would be a great addition to your classroom decor or bulletin board. There are students handouts with clear task descriptions and criteria for success. In addition, teacher models have also been provided for the tasks.
• Learning Station Signs: There are three sets of learning stations signs that teachers can pick from in this product. These signs are designed to include all the relevant information that students need to know at each of the six learning stations. Teachers can print and laminate the learning station signs for durability.
➟ Set #1- Pre-Designed Learning Station Signs: These pre-designed templates for each learning station are ready to print and implement. (Stations 3 & 5 are the only ones that are not fully filled out.) Signs include directions, guiding questions, teacher samples, and other important information.
➟ Set #2- Pre-Designed EDITABLE Learning Station Signs: Set #2 contains pre-designed EDITABLE templates for each learning station that can be customized to include your own specific directions for each station.
➟ Set #3- EDITABLE Learning Station Signs: Set #3 contains EDITABLE templates for each learning station that can be customized to include your own specific directions for each station as well as changing the numbers of each station (this is a great option if you don’t plan on including all 6 stations).
•••All you have to do to edit the templates is add a TEXT BOX to the slide in the Power Point file! You cannot make any other changes to the templates besides adding your own text. This is to protect the property rights of the clip artists and font designers that I have used in this product!•••
• Product #2- Interview with a Classmate Activity: Are you looking for a way to get your students talking to one another in those first few days of school and a way to instantly build a community sense in your classroom? Look no further than this collaborative learning task, Interview with a Classmate: Biography. This is a fun and engaging activity for the first days of school. It allows students to generate questions, conduct a formal interview, and organize the information they have learned about their classmate to write a multi-paragraph biography. This is also a great way to get a baseline diagnostic of the writing levels of the students in your classroom. In addition to including teacher models and editable reference sheets, this product also includes a Back to School Choice Board Activity for early finishers that includes four tasks that lets your students tell you a bit more about themselves.
• Product #3-#WordsofWisdom Growth Mindset DIY Bulletin Board Kit: The #Words of Wisdom DIY Interactive Bulletin Board Kit that includes 63 eye-catching posters that contain motivational and thought-provoking quotes to pique student curiosity and get them comfortable with self-reflection! Each poster contains an inspirational quote that is designed to inspire and induce critical thinking. In addition, there is a H.O.T. question for each poster. Question types include analysis, making connections, self-reflecting, and more. In addition, there are blank question templates included so that you can create your own questions for each image.
Teachers will LOVE that this product gives them the freedom to customize their bulletin board or gallery walk to fit the needs of their own students. The #Words of Wisdom bulletin board is also a great way to fill your classroom space with positivity and helps introducing students to a growth mindset as well as self-reflection. In addition, there are teaching tips and ideas included with real life pictures of the product in action.
• Product #4- All About Me: Letter To My Teacher Activity: This activity is a great way to have students introduce themselves to their new teacher at the beginning of a new school year or semester. In addition, the writing composition can also be used ad a writing pre-assessment to gauge the student's writing styles and strengths/weaknesses.
The file contains the following products :
-Writing Cover Sheet: This sheet contains the learning target, writing topic, writing process guide, area for brainstorming, and rubric.
- Four Square Organizer-Students can use this worksheet to organize their letter.
-Teacher Model: Four Square Organizer-This model shows students what a high quality organizer looks like. Students can use this as a reference as they are organizing their letter.
- Teacher Model: All About Me-This is a model letter written by a former student that introduces who he is and what the teacher needs to know about him. It is a high-quality sample of what the student's finished product should look like.
Criteria Poster- A poster that displays the criteria for this writing activity is included.
•Product #5- Back to School Social Media Templates: Are you looking for a way to engage your students in a fun and creative real world activity during the first few days of Back to School? Look no further than the Oh Snap! Editable Social Media Templates that are designed for any content area in middle or high school classrooms.
Teachers will LOVE that this product is little to no prep with a set of 9 pre-designed social media templates. In addition, there is also a set of 9 editable social media templates that allow teachers to customize the directions and tasks to better fit the needs of their classroom. Students will LOVE that they get to create a social media template that describes them or showcasing their feelings towards a new school year.
The following social media templates are included in this product:
• Oh Snap! Back to School Edition (2 Templates Available)
• Picture It! Back to School Edition (2 Templates Available)
• Tweet About It! Back to School Edition
• Tumblr Tell All! Back to School Edition
• Facebook Profile Back to School Edition
• Blog About it! Back to School Edition
• Pinteresting! Back to School Edition
• Product #6- 7th Grade ELA CCSS Bookmarks: This file contains all of the 7th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards in a convenient bookmark form that can be placed on student desks, turned into a interactive flip fan, or just easy access for teachers on the go.
• Product #7-Student Data Folders: Are you looking for a student-friendly data folder that will allow students to not only set goals and track their growth throughout the school year, but will also include opportunities to help them develop a Growth Mindset? This file contains over 80 different options for student goal setting, student data tracking, and student self reflections so that you can customize your student data folders to best suit your students’ needs. The pages have been designed so that they can fit properly inside a folder with prongs or a three ring binder.
Teachers will LOVE that you can print only the pages that you want to include in your students’ data folders and print as many copies of each pages as you wish. In addition, there are some options included that allow you to customize or edit certain pages to better fit the needs of your students. Students will LOVE that they have an easy way to set personal goals, see their growth, and have opportunities to reflect on their progress/ways to grow.
• Product #8-Growth Mindset Banners and Mini-Research Project: Are you looking for a meaningful Growth Mindset activity that will not only let your students have fun and show their creativity, but also requires them to conduct research and think critically? This student-centered project contains over 40 pages of instructional materials that will help guide teachers and students through this activity. Students will LOVE that they get to learn more about developing a growth mindset and why it is important and get to create a small project instead of writing an essay. Teachers will LOVE that they have a resource that requires little prep and includes EDITABLE templates that allow them to create their own directions, project requirements, and add their own images. Another bonus for teachers is that this product contains a detailed rubric, strong and weak teacher models as well as pictures of the project in action, and a list of suggested websites that students can use for research.
Download the product preview to see exactly what you are getting when you purchase this product.
Created by Stephanie M. Icenogle, The Creative Classroom © 2014, updated ©2019
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.