7th Grade ELA Marzano Learning Goals and Scale Posters for Differentiation
Proficiency Scales are the ultimate Standards Based Grading tool! They don't just motivate a Growth Mindset, they define how students can demonstrate mastery. Every learning standard is broken down into 4 levels of Differentiation. These Posters lead students up a progressive learning path that mirrors the way they develop concepts. Aligned to Bloom’s or Marzano’s Taxonomy of cognitive skills. From easiest-hardest: (Recall/Retrieval, Comprehension, Analysis/Application, and Knowledge Utilization/Synthesis).
4. Level 4 indicates an advanced knowledge of the skill.
3. Level 3 represents proficiency in each math standard. see the stars*
2. Level 2 will include content from the previous grade level and new vocabulary that must be applied correctly for mastery of level 3.
1. Level 1 will either be derived from sub-skills of the standard, or from the background knowledge of earlier grade levels.
Students review EASY learning goals from previous grade levels in sections, “Levels” 1 and 2. These first two levels set them up to see simple examples of the connections between what they know, and what they must do this year. “Level” 3, or section 3, includes questions they should master this year. “Level” 4 includes optional enrichment tasks for your gifted and talented thinkers.
How to Use these Posters:
1. Print the ones you are currently planning instruction for. (color/black and white)
*Option: Display them digitally on a white board while you teach!
2. Briefly review levels 1, 2, and 3 (in that order) so your students can access prior knowledge and pre-assess themselves.
3. Refer to the poster while you teach and practice new skills. Students will see their progression.
4. Offer examples for each level of the proficiency scale (See Assessments linked below!)
Assessments can be used as pre- and post-tests for students to demonstrate and document mastery and growth.
5. Refer to the levels 1 and 2 to create appropriate modifications for targeted instruction or small group practice.
6. Use Level 4 to modify or create enrichment tasks for your gifted and talented students.
THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES:
* PDF version for printing.
* This document is strictly aligned to the original Common Core and the content is NOT EDITABLE. Blank editable pages are included to write your own with graphics.
THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES:
* PDF version for printing, or assigned through Google Classroom with TPTs DIGITAL ACTIVITY feature.
1. One color poster with learning goals and scale for every standard (RL, RI, RF, W, SL, and L), , including 6+1 Traits of Writing.
2. One black & white poster with learning goals and scale for every standard (RL, RI, RF, W, SL, and L), including 6+1 Traits of Writing.
3. Five editable blank color posters, one for each domain if you’d like to write your own learning goals for the scale with your students.
4. Five editable blank black & white posters, one for each domain.
This document is strictly aligned to the original Common Core and the content is NOT EDITABLE. However there are BLANK pages that may be edited to create your own scales with the same colors and graphics.
For directions on editing the pages in your pdf. document. CLICK HERE
For more information on using Marzano Scales, visit
* This document is strictly aligned to the original Common Core and the content is NOT EDITABLE.
For an EDITABLE version of the complete document follow this link...