This product is a highly interactive English Language Arts (ELA) test prep tool geared towards 7th grade students using Google Slides with the Pear Deck add-on. This presentation contains an excerpt from “Don’t Count Your Chickens” by Diana C. Conway and released test items from the Ohio Department of Education’s 2019 7th Grade AIR test.
How to use:
- Teachers open the 14-slide file in Google Slides using the Pear Deck add-on (product includes directions on how to do this).
- Students enter the URL joinpd.com on any device (phone, computer, tablet, Chromebook, etc.) and enter the code on projection screen or SMARTboard.
- Students are able interact with the presentation through multiple choice questions, dragging icons, typed responses, and survey questions.
- Teachers can download results after presenting to guide future instruction.
This is a great way to make test prep more engaging, even for middle schoolers!
Includes a printable answer key and copy of excerpt from “Don’t Count Your Chickens” by Diana C. Conway.
Covers the following Ohio Learning Standards for English Language Arts.
- L.7.5 Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
RL.7.2 Analyze literary text development.
RL.7.3 Analyze how particular elements of a story or drama interact (e.g., how setting shapes the characters or plot).
RL.7.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific language choices, such as sensory words or phrases, on meaning and tone, including rhymes and other repetitions of sounds (e.g., alliteration) on a specific verse or stanza of a poem or section of a story or drama.
RL.7.6 Analyze how an author uses the point of view to develop and contrast the perspectives of different characters or narrators in a text.