*** You will need to edit/revise/update these plans because they're somewhat underdeveloped, but the zip file contains a good starting point with notes as well as curriculum maps. Also, it's a free resource...
These plans include lesson plans from when I taught 7th Grade Language Arts (reading/writing). The plans include a years worth of the following: lesson plans, writing assignments, class notes, a list of books used to teach the lesson plans, and various other documents that I used during the school year.
Books that I used for instruction are as follows:
- The Writer’s Craft (Red Level/7th Grade)
- Literature & Language (Red Level/7th Grade)
- Write Source 2000
- Daily Reading Comprehension, Grade 6+ [Evan-Moor Educational Publisher]
- Language Arts Fundamentals, Grade 6+ [Evan-Moor Educational Publisher]
- Monster by Walter Dean Myers [1st Quarter]
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck [2nd Quarter]
- The Time Machine by H.G. Wells [3rd Quarter]
- The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway [4th Quarter]
- Buckle Down Aims – Reading [Quarter 1 – 4]
*** You will need to edit/revise/update these plans, but they are a good outline for a year if you're not trying to start from scratch.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org