In 7th grade students solve 2-step equations and inequalities. They must apply these skills when writing and solving equations and inequalities to represent situations in word problems (Common Core Standard 7.EE.4).
This resource contains the following.
1. Title Page
2. The 1st activity contains guided notes and examples on solving equations. Students will stay engaged by filling in missing parts of the examples.
3. The 2nd activity is independent practice on solving two-step equations and equations with distributive property.
4. The 3rd activity contains guided notes and examples on solving and graphing inequalities.
5. The 4th activity contains independent practice on solving and graphing the solutions of inequalities. Students are required to check answers to inequalities. Suggestions for teaching this are included in the Teacher Notes. Examples of checking solutions of inequalities are found in the answer keys.
6. The 5th activity is a group activity on equations and inequalities.
7. Detailed Teacher Notes
8. Detailed Answer Keys.
Please see the preview for sample pages of the resource.
Click on a title below for additional 7th grade resources.
Common Core 7th Grade Math Activities Equations, Inequalities (7.EE.3, 7.EE.4)
Common Core Math 7th Grade Equivalent Expressions with I Have - Who Has Game
Common Core Math 7th Grade Geometry (7.G.4) Circle Activities
Common Core Math 7th Grade Geometry (7.G.5, 7.G.6) Angles, Area, Volume
Common Core Math 7th Grade Geometry Activities Plus I Have Who Has Game
Solve Equations Task Cards
Thanks for viewing!
Created by Hilda Ratliff