PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This set of colorful Challenge Box activities can be used throughout middle school math. They align standards, but can also be used as enrichment for 6th graders or a fun review as students begin their 8th grade year!
The activities get students engaged in real-world math while challenging them to extend their understanding, build critical thinking skills, and think outside the box!
My students love them & look forward to when each new Challenge Box assignment will show up next! It replaces the usual boring worksheet with a few different twists!
Included are 9 Challenge Boxes activities (PDF) covering all 7th grade topics, skills & Common Core standards:
- Rational Numbers
- Unit Rates & Proportionality
- Expressions & Equations
- Percents in the Real World
- 2D Area & Angle Relationships
- 3D Surface Area & Volume
- Data, Sampling & Probability
Each of these 9 assignments asks students to engage in six types of problems:
* What Was the Question? --> Here's the answer. What was the question?
* True or False? --> Prove this statement true / false & explain your reasoning.
* Find the Mistake? --> I tried to solve this problem. Find my mistake & fix it!
* Create Your Own --> Be the test maker AND test taker! Create your own!
* Vocabulary --> Define these essential vocabulary terms in your own words.
* Test Prep --> Apply your understanding to a real-world word problem!