Ratios and Proportional Relationships for 7th Grade Math
This file includes three quick checks for each of the following goals for Common Core Standards 7.RP.1, 7.RP.2, and 7.RP.3:
- I can compute unit rates associated with ratios of fractions, including ratios of lengths, areas and other quantities measured in like or different units.
- I can determine whether two quantities are in a proportional relationship.
- I can identify the constant of proportionality, or unit rate, in a table, graph, equation, diagram, or description.
- I can represent proportional relationships by writing equations.
- I can graph proportional relationships and explain what the points mean in terms of a specific situation.
- I can apply proportional reasoning to solve multistep ratio and percent problems.
I use quick checks in my intervention classes as a way for the students to keep track of their progress and mastery. They could also be used in the regular classroom as a quick progress check to see if your students are understanding the material. You could use quick checks as a warm-up, exit ticket, or as a quick quiz! There are a total of 18 quick checks.
**Now includes the an editable version, so you can edit for your unique students!**
The file also includes a progress recording sheet for students to record their progress and date when mastery level is reached. My students keep a folder for their progress recording sheets and all quick checks. The students will take a quick check, then bring it up to me to be graded. I can quickly grade and record the score in my own records, and then the student takes the quick check back to their seat where they can record their score and file the quick check in their folder. Put the students in charge of staying organized, and they can look back to use the quick checks to help study for the test at the end of the unit!
You can find a BUNDLE with Quick Checks for ALL the 7th Grade Common Core Standards found here:
7th Grade Common Core Quick Check Mini Assessments Bundle
You might also be interested in my 7th grade Common Core Assessments found here:
7th Grade Common Core Assessments Bundle
This purchase is for personal use only.
© Brittany Kiser. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. If other teachers at your school would like to use the materials, please purchase additional licenses. Thank you!