Constant of Proportionality Scavenger Hunt: Students will rotate through task cards identifying the constant of proportionality from tables, graphs, and verbal description and write an equation in the form y=kx.
• Print, cut, and laminate (optional) cards. Print recording sheet double-sided.
• In no particular order, tape cards around classroom or hallway.
• Give each student a recording sheet.
• Have students, working individually or in pairs, choose a card at which to start. Record the letter of the problem. Solve. Then, look for the answer (in the box) on another card. Repeat.
• If students are solving correctly, they should end up where they started.
It is aligned to CCSS 7.RP.2b and 7.RP.2c. There are 16 problems for students to complete and since it forms a loop students can self-check.