7th Grade Math Writing Prompts | 7th Grade Math Journal Writing Ideas
Also included in
- Looking to save time, money and sanity? Then this 7th grade math curriculum and activities bundle is for you! This curriculum is aligned to the 7th grade common core math standards. Each unit includes: guided notes, assessments/worksheets and activities such as: task cards, stations, mystery picturPrice $250.00Original Price $403.00Save $153.00
These fifty 7th grade math writing prompts are perfect to help your students explain their understanding of math concepts. Writing in the math classroom is extremely important and aids to deep understanding and assessment of mathematics. These questions go beyond basic fluency of math concepts. Questions help students analyze and think deeply about the mathematics. As a teacher, you can more easily assess understanding from well-structured questions where students must explain and give examples.
Correlating with the common core, these writing prompts contain the following:
- 8 Number Systems (NS)
- 6 Ratios and Proportions (RP)
- 8 Expressions and Equations (EE)
- 11 Geometry (G)
- 12 Statistics and Probability (SP)
- 5 Mathematical Practices (MP)
These writing prompts come in three different formats:
- Paper strips
- Half sheets of paper with space to respond
- Task cards
These can be used in a variety of ways in the classroom
- Exit slips
- Interactive notebooks
The questions are numbered to aid in the process of recording and grading.
This product is also available for 8th Grade
This Product is Part of the Following Bundle(s)
Remember that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Make Sense of Math