This short story unit created by Contextual Classroom for 7th Grade students features six engaging stories selected with student interests in mind! Each story focuses on a different literary element.
The following stories are included in this 94-slide unit:
(1) Plot: Seventh Grade by Gary Soto
(2) Setting : A Boy and a Man by James Ramsey Ullman**** (Online text no longer available)
(3) Character: Two Kinds by Amy Tan
(4) Conflict: The Third Wish by Joan Aiken
(5) Point of View: Zoo by Edward Hoch
with companion poem The Hippopotamus by Ogden Nash
(6) Theme: The Treasure of Lemon Brown by Walter Dean Myers
Each story contains a title slide with a link to where the story may be found online. ***
Each short story in the unit has slides that include story previews, literary definitions, suggested reading activities, discussion questions, and wrap-up activities.
This unit was designed to engage students of varying ability levels with high quality images, embedded videos, and entertaining and thought-provoking questions and activities that will help the stories come alive.
Each individual story presentation can be purchased through Contextual Classroom's store.
**** An online copy of "A Boy and a Man" is no longer available. This story can be found in Prentice Hall Literature textbook Timeless Voices, Timeless Themes Bronze edition.
Please leave me some feedback if you are pleased with this product!