These 8 poetry lessons will insure that your high school students gain a thorough understanding of how poetry functions as a means of illuminating the human experience. The lessons include a variety of poets from varied backgrounds as well as a wide range of poems from classical poetry to modern verse, from formal sonnets to flash fiction prose poems.
The following is a list of the 8 lessons included in this product:
A First Look at Poetry
– Introduces the study of poetry and allows students to arrive at a definition of poetry.
How to Closely Read a Poem
– Gives students useful strategies to guide them as they read so that they gain a better understanding of what a poem says and how the poet uses language to convey meaning.
Using Prose to Understand Poetry
– Boosts student’s confidence and understanding of poetry by having them practice turning poems into prose passages and prose passages into poetry.
– A fun lesson that enables students so understand how rhythm and rhyme work in shaping poetry.
Poetry in Movies
- Examines how poetry is used in movies to extend theme and develop character.
Spring into Poetry
- Explores how figurative language is used to convey the main idea.
The Sonnet: More Than a Love Poem
– Enables students to grasp the importance of form in poetry.
Social Justice Poetry
– Aids students in understanding how poetry can be used as social commentary.
This bundle is being offered at a 50% discount
from what you’d pay if you bought each of the products separately.
Click on this link to view and download free products
from my store. These will give you an idea of the quality of my work. Dianne Mason’s Free Products
Click on the green star next to my picture on any of my product pages to follow me
and receive a customized e-mail for the launch of any new product.
Earn TPT Credits
Thank you for visiting my store. Every time you make a purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers and leave feedback, you earn credit toward a future purchase. How does it work? After logging in, go to My Purchases
and find the button beside each product. Leave a fair rating and a comment about the resource, and you’re done!