** New **Conversation Cues for each of the 8 Practices, aligned to the exit slips!
At Sarah's Teaching Points, I post what I like to use in my own class. The 8 Mathematical Practices (Superhero Theme) are a great guide through any math lesson and come with two sets of exit slips, Set B being slightly more advanced in thinking work, and documentation sheets to plan intervention. These can be used with any math lesson/ activity and all you need are clothespins! Enjoy!
For more great resources, please visit my store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Sarahs-Teaching-Points
Also, use this resource with my students as teachers Reciprocal Math Teaching www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Math-Discussions-Scaffold-lessons-with-students-as-teachers-2607464
How to Use this Resource:
1. Post all 8 Mathematical Practices in a row where you or a student can easily reach them
2. Attach 2 Superheroes to 2 clothespins so when clipped to the bottom edge of your Mathematical Practices posters, the superheroes are right side up (or fly sideways)
3. Move superheroes to appropriate poster(s) that match the work of that math session/ mini lessons/ expectation to draw students’ attention before activity
4. Before activity, show exit slip to set purpose for activity (A or B)
5. After activity, provide corresponding exit slip to have students reflect on their use of the Mathematical Practice (A or B)
6. Use Exit Slip Tracking Sheet (A or B) to track student thinking and develop appropriate interventions