Here are 8 fun Valentine's Day themed emergent readers for your beginning and/or struggling readers! Each 6-10 page book has one or two lines of text, as well as a picture that can be colored.
Story titles included in this download are:
- Who Loves Valentine's Day? - color pictures, 2 lines of text,
optional additional page for students to write and illustrate
- I See a Heart Standing Over There - 1 line of text, color words
- I See Hearts version 1 - 1 line of text, numbers
- I See Hearts version 2 - 1 line of text, kids write the numbers in blank
- Valentine, Bear, Valentine Bear, What Do You See? - 2 lines of text, sight words - do, you, see, an, at, me, optional additional page for students to write and illustrate
- My Friend's Valentine - 2 lines of text, colors words, sight words- gave, my, the, is
- I See February - 1 line of text, number words, optional additional page for students to write and illustrate
-Lots of Hearts - color words, sight words - a, has, this
These books are SIMPLE to make! Just print the pages, staple on the left side (one at bottom and one at top) and cut in half and each set makes 2 booklets!
Your students will love applying their knowledge of sight words to read these emergent readers! When students are finished, they can take them home to share with their families!