Also included in
- PAPERLESS OPTION! Save 35% by purchasing our fun photo writing prompts bundle. In this bundle, you receive our popular 80 Writing Prompts product that can be used all year long. You also receive writing prompts for each month (August-May) that are more focused on monthly/holiday-themed. The unit i$27.00$42.25Save $15.25
PRINTABLE & DIGITAL! GOOGLE CLASSROOM! Digital Writing Task Cards to use first thing with morning work or in your writing station. It's a fun way to write and encourages creative writing.
Check out our other digital & printable writing prompts!
Check out Our Extensive ELA Units:
This engaging product leaves students asking for more. These Daily Writing Prompts can be used with:
- Google Classroom Activities
- Google Slides
- Printable option
You can use them in the classroom in multiple ways:
- Daily Writing prompts
- Photo writing prompts
- Narrative writing
- Writing task cards
- Writing Center
- Independent work
- Literacy stations
- Daily Five Write to Self.
Purpose of Writing Unit
This unit was created to overcome the struggle to get upper elementary and middle school students to write creatively. When teachers can find a way to make writing relate to the student, it is a win-win for both. This writing prompt unit does just that. It takes visual real-life photographs and creates them to look similar to the ones found on Snapchat / Snap Chat / Instagram, which students are obsessed with.
The students are given a writing prompt that relates to the photograph and asked to creatively write based on the picture. The pictures are designed to stimulate the imagination with real-life images along with fiction doodle drawings added to them. The students will be engaged with interpreting the photograph and the added doodle-drawing. This combination of real-life events with fiction will engage and stimulate their writing.
The unit includes both “Black and White” or “Color” printout options!
Teachers can use this unit in several ways:
• Writing Literacy Station
• Daily Five’s “Write to Self”
• Morning Work
• Bell Work / Bell Ringers
• Writing Homework
• Task Cards
• Independent writing
• Collaborative writing
4 Ways to present the 80 writing prompts:
• Task Cards
• Printouts for independent writing
• Overhead Projection / Smartboard
• Google Slides