During the writing of my educational blog I wrote a daily quote. Between 2005-2012, I compiled an 81 page list of silly, interesting, education, teacher, and online learning quotes (not a complete list). The quotes are searchable because they are in a word document and would be great for adding to your staff newsletters or your classroom.
The 1390 quotes are words that I found tickled my thoughts or my mood of the day. Some you will find are funny some are thought provoking but in the end it is a very useful list of quotes that educators could use to spice up their writing.
Once I put it together as a document, I even found it good reading in the room where I do my best thinking and reading.
Hope you find the list useful.
The 3 page free product called “Teacher quotes” is an example of what is possible with this document. I used the search feature in Microsoft word and entered the word “teacher”. I then just cut and pasted the 3 pages that showed up in the search.
Some uses might be:
• Add to your signature in your email.
• Use as inspiration for creative writing.
• Challenge the students to choose a quote and explain what it means.
• Add a quote a day in your classroom
• Add a quote of the day in your staffroom
• Ask the students to pick a quote that best describes their life and then share it with a partner and explain.
• Compile quotes based on topics to support the lessons in your class.
• These are just some of the uses.