TEKS 8.10a Describe the resulting effects on perimeter and area when the dimensions of a shape are changed proportionally.
Your task is to:
• The rectangle drawn on the graph is the pre-image, record the coordinates of the vertices.
• Calculate the perimeter and area of this rectangle, called the pre-mage.
• Use the scale factor given in each problem to dilate the pre-image.
• Using the specified color, draw each image of the original rectangle so that it overlaps the pre-image (original).
• Calculate the perimeter and area for each image (new rectangle) and record on your answer document.
• There is a pattern that exists between the scale factors and the perimeter of each rectangle.
• There is also a pattern between the scale factors and areas. Try to see if you notice what these patterns are.
• Answer the questions at the end of your answer document about the patterns you observe.