8th Grade Common Core Practice Test for Standardized Testing
This practice test consists of 45 problems that assess each of the following common core standards:
The Number System
• Know that there are numbers that are not rational, and approximate them by rational numbers. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.NS.A.1-2
Expressions and Equations
• Work with radicals and integer exponents. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.EE.A.1-4
• Understand the connections between proportional relationships, lines, and linear equations. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.EE.B.5-6
• Analyze and solve linear equations and pairs of simultaneous linear equations. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.EE.C.7
• Define, evaluate, and compare functions. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.F.A.1-3
• Use functions to model relationships between quantities. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.F.B.4-5
• Understand congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.G.A.1-5
• Understand and apply the Pythagorean Theorem. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.G.B.6-8
• Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving volume of cylinders, cones and spheres. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.G.C.9
Statistics and Probability
• Investigate patterns of association in bivariate data. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.SP.A.1-4
From the extensive research I’ve done, as well as being employed to develop and score state testing materials, I’ve learned that the standards involving functions and linear equations are HEAVILY weighted in the standardized testing. As a result, this practice test is reflective of that information and has been designed accordingly.
Use this to prepare your students for PARCC or state testing in your district!
Click Here to Visit My Store!
Be sure to check out my "Crash Course" for 8th Grade Common Core Math. It would be a great way to review the standards before using this practice test.
8th Grade Common Core Math COMPLETE REVIEW for Standardized Testing!