PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
If you need to prepare your students for a standardized test based on the Common Core, this “crash course” is exactly what you need!
This download consists of 10 “crash course” reviews with explanations and examples. Every "crash course" is followed by a practice assessment comprised of items aligned with standardized state tests. Each of the following common core standards are included:
The Number System
• Know that there are numbers that are not rational, and approximate them by rational numbers. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.NS.A.1-2
Expressions and Equations
• Work with radicals and integer exponents. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.EE.A.1-4
• Understand the connections between proportional relationships, lines, and linear equations. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.EE.B.5-6
• Analyze and solve linear equations and pairs of simultaneous linear equations. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.EE.C.7
• Define, evaluate, and compare functions. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.F.A.1-3
• Use functions to model relationships between quantities. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.F.B.4-5
• Understand congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.G.A.1-5
• Understand and apply the Pythagorean Theorem. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.G.B.6-8
• Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving volume of cylinders, cones and spheres. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.G.C.9
Statistics and Probability
• Investigate patterns of association in bivariate data. CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.SP.A.1-4
Answer key included!
Click the links below to view more activities your students will enjoy!