8th Grade ELA Marzano Proficiency Scale Posters Differentiation - EDITABLE
Learning Goals and Scales are the ultimate Standards Based Grading tool! They don't just motivate a Growth Mindset, they define how students can demonstrate mastery. Every learning standard is broken down into 4 levels of Differentiation. These Posters lead students up a progressive learning path that mirrors the way they develop concepts. Aligned to Bloom’s or Marzano’s Taxonomy of cognitive skills. From easiest-hardest: (Recall/Retrieval, Comprehension, Analysis/Application, and Knowledge Utilization/Synthesis).
4. Level 4 indicates an advanced knowledge of the skill.
3. Level 3 represents proficiency in each math standard. see the stars*
2. Level 2 will include content from the previous grade level and new vocabulary that must be applied correctly for mastery of level 3.
1. Level 1 will either be derived from sub-skills of the standard, or from the background knowledge of earlier grade levels.
Students review EASY learning goals from previous grade levels in sections, “Levels” 1 and 2. These first two levels set them up to see simple examples of the connections between what they know, and what they must do this year. “Level” 3, or section 3, includes questions they should master this year. “Level” 4 includes optional enrichment tasks for your gifted and talented thinkers.
Need some ideas to quickly modify tasks and engage different learners? Follow this link to get some quick tips for INSTANT DIFFERENTIATION. It take seconds to implement!
How to Use these Posters:
1. Print the ones you are currently planning instruction for. (color/black and white)
*Option: Display them digitally on a white board while you teach!
2. Briefly review levels 1, 2, and 3 (in that order) so your students can access prior knowledge and pre-assess themselves.
3. Refer to the poster while you teach and practice new skills. Students will see their progression.
4. Offer examples for each level of the proficiency scale (See Assessments linked below!)
Assessments can be used as pre- and post-tests for students to demonstrate and document mastery and growth.
5. Refer to the levels 1 and 2 to create appropriate modifications for targeted instruction or small group practice.
6. Use Level 4 to modify or create enrichment tasks for your gifted and talented students.
THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES:
* PDF version for printing.
* This document is flexibly aligned to the original Common Core standards because it is 50% EDITABLE.
THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES:
1. One editable color poster with learning goals and scale (levels 3 & 4) for every standard (RL, RI, RF, W, SL, and L), and 6+1 Traits of Writing.
2. One editable black & white poster with learning goals and scale (levels 3 & 4) for every standard (RL, RI, RF, W, SL, and L), including 6+1 Traits of Writing.
3. Five editable blank color posters, one for each domain if you’d like to write your own learning goals for the scale with your students.
4. Five editable blank black & white posters, one for each domain.
The EDITABLE content is for your convenience! The content is STILL under copyright and MAY NOT be used to create new resources for free, for sale, or for sharing on school databases without written permission from Melanie LiCausi at Mrs. L’s Leveled Learning LLC. Please contact me personally at email@example.com or purchase additional licenses through your “My Purchases” page.
For a MORE AFFORDABLE version that is NOT EDITABLE follow this link...
8th Grade ELA Posters with Learning Goals and Scales - Aligned to Common Core
8th Grade ELA Assessment with Learning Goal 8.RL.1 and Scale - FREE
8th Grade ELA Student Portfolio Pages with Marzano Scales - FREE!
8th Grade Math BUNDLE with Learning Goals and Scales - EDITABLE
8th Grade Common Core Math Assessment with Learning Goals and Scales!
8th Grade Math Student Portfolio with Learning Goals and Scales - FREE!
8th Grade Common Core Math Posters with Learning Goals and Scales