A YEAR LONG OF GUIDED 8th GRADE MATH SMARTBOARD LESSONS AND ACTIVITIES
These are skill based lessons and fun, interactive, yet challenging activities for the students! All written as SMARTBOARD lessons ready to go!
8th Grade Math Common Core Bundle
A perfect solution for the busy 8th grade math teacher or the school with limited resources! This bundle is standards-based and designed specifically for the Common Core State Standards. It includes student-friendly notes, warm-ups, spiral review, classroom activities and games all directly aligned to the 8th Grade Math Common Core State Standards. No more searching for activities or scouring the internet for ideas.
CCSS Aligned Skills are broken down into day by day lessons, that include Cornell note taking, real time assessments, graphic organizers, and most important fun group and individual activities that build student fluency on the topic and self-confidence. A Key Answer for each lesson or each activity is included.
The material that I created was taught by my colleague and I in numerous 8th grade classes and it proved to assure student mastery of concepts and great end of the year state test results.
- Exponents (8.EE.A.1 Properties of Integer Exponents)
- Roots (8.EE.A.2 Square and Cube Roots)
- Rational/Irrational (8.NS.A.1, 8.NS.A.2 – Understand Rational and Irrational Numbers)
- Scientific Notation (8.EE.A.3 – Scientific Notation; 8.EE.A.4 – Operations and Scientific Notation)
-Systems of equations (8.EE.C.8a – Understand Systems of Equation; 8.EE.C.8b – Solve Systems of Equations Algebraically; 8.EE.C.8c – Solve Problems Using Systems of Equations)
- Functions - linear and non-linear functions; Slope, y-intercept, linear relationships(8.F.A.1, 8.F.A.2, 8.F.B.3, 8.F.B.4, 8.F.B.5)
- Transformations (8.G.A.1a, 8.G.A.1b, 8.G.A.1c Understand Properties of Transformations; 8.G.A.2, 8.G.A.3 Transformations and Congruence; 8.G.A.4 Transformations and Similarity)
- Angles (8.G.A.5 – Understand Angle Relationships in General and in Triangles)
- 3D Figures - Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving volume of
cylinders, cones, and spheres -.8.G.C.9
- Pythagorean Theorem (8.G.B.6 – Understand The Pythagorean Theorem; 8.G.B.7 – Solve Problems Using The Pythagorean Theorem; 8.G.B.8 – Distance in the Coordinate Plane)
- Statistics and probability (8.SP.A.2, 8.SP.A.3 – Solve Problems With Scatter Plots and Linear Models)
- End of the year review activities (Graduation Chain; Scavenger Hunt)
NOTES FOR BUYERS:
All my postings – lessons and activities- are included here in this bundle. As a result, if you want to see images from the lessons included in this year long bundle, please visit my other postings (by searching my name Irina Marinescu).
If you have questions, please email on TPT or email@example.com