8th Grade Math Guided Notes
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (63)
showing 1-5 of 63 products
Also included in
- 8th Grade Math Curriculum Mega Bundle- Common Core Aligned for All Standards This bundle includes FREE versions of digital notes for distance learning. All digital notes have been added. This bundle includes notes, error analysis, homework and final review activities for the entire year! Included inPrice $201.05Original Price $281.73Save $80.68
- 6th and 7th Grade Math Guided Notes and Activities Bundle- Common Core Aligned for All Standards This bundle includes FREE versions of digital notes for distance learning. This bundle includes guided notes, practice activities, warm-up and exit slips for each of the 8th Grade and 7th Grade Math ComPrice $239.20Original Price $430.00Save $190.80
- 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Math Guided Notes and Pratice Bundle- Common Core Aligned for All Standards This bundle includes FREE versions of digital notes for distance learning. This bundle includes guided notes, practice activities, warm-up and exit slips for each of the 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Math CoPrice $371.20Original Price $663.25Save $292.05
- 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Math Guided Notes and Pratice Bundle- Common Core Aligned for All Standards This bundle includes FREE versions of digital notes for distance learning. This bundle includes guided notes, practice activities, warm-up and exit slips for each of the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th GraPrice $495.20Original Price $890.75Save $395.55
Looking for an 8th Grade Math curriculum that is designed to help your students thrive and save you the time and energy of writing and designing them yourself? These full-year guided notes are a classroom-proven resource that will have your students proficient in all 8th Grade Math common core standards! With a comprehensive design, these notes offer a structured approach that can be differentiated for every level of learner for the entire year. Save 25% when you purchase these 63 products as part of this bundle.
Guided notes are an effective teaching model that maximize your students ability to use working memory to focus on content, rather than copying down notes. This resource is structured to include warm ups that build on prerequisite knowledge, in depth notes to fully teach each common core subject, vocabulary sheets to build on key concepts, exit slips to ensure understanding and an assessment to benchmark comprehension. This money saving bundle includes notes and practice printables formatted for interactive notebooks as well as a fully digital version of each note set.
This curriculum is broken down into 5 units (a full list of included topics can be found below):
- Expressions & Equations
- The Number System
Here is everything that is included for each topic:
- Guided Notes including a separate printable formatted for Interactive Notebooks
- Digital Notes - fully digital version for classroom flexibility
- Practice Page including a separate printable formatted for Interactive Notebooks
- Frayer Models for Vocabulary Practice
- 2 different warm-ups (2 per page)
- 2 different exit slips (2 per page)
- 1 Assessment to benchmark understanding
- Answer keys
Here’s what you will love the most:
This entire math notes bundle is NO PREP! All answer keys are included and no additional materials are needed. You’ll also find that you’ll have more time to work through the concepts with your students as they will spend less time copying notes and more time mastering the content. The notes will also call their attention to key concepts that they should commit to memory.
Here are some guidelines for how to use this bundle:
- This resource can be successfully implemented using binders, folders or notebooks
- Warm Up Slips can be used at the beginning of the lesson to activate prior knowledge or you can use them to guide students through a new discovery.
- Vocabulary Practice - use these to establish foundation concepts at the outset of the lesson or as reinforcement after the notes portion
- Guided Notes - these sets are a comprehensive presentation of the subject matter, and progressively build from basic concepts to complete mastery. Students will follow along through a structured framework and retain the notes for reference and review.
- Independent Practice Problems -use these to reinforce understanding and provide a chance for your students to build skills and confidence
- Exit Slips - can be used to allow students to demonstrate mastery of the subject matter at the close of a lesson and prepare for future topics
- Assessment - use this to benchmark your students comprehension and supplement if necessary
Here’s what other teachers are saying about this resource:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Rick T. says “These guided notes are so well organized and easy for students to follow. The practice pages are also great for reinforcing the concepts presented in the notes!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Ashley H. says “This is an amazing resource and has been a life saver for my 8th grade SPED class. The notes are easy to follow and scaffolded in a way that all of my students can understand the material.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Allison G. says “This has been the BEST thing to supplement my curriculum. I love the guided notes that make it so easy to differentiate for students, and also to have a great and easy reference for them while they are doing practice problems. This will also be a life save during my maternity leave this year since it is so easy to follow for my sub!"
- Multiplying Powers with the Same Base
- Power of a Power
- Power of a Product
- Dividing Exponents
- Zero and Negative Exponents
- Square Roots
- Cube Roots
- Solving Equations Using Square and Cube Roots
- Reading Scientific Notation
- Writing Scientific Notation
- Adding or Subtracting Numbers in Scientific Notation
- Multiplying Numbers in Scientific Notation
- Dividing Numbers in Scientific Notation
- Graphing Linear Equations
- Slope of Horizontal and Vertical Lines
- Slope of a Line
- Slope of Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
- Direct Variation
- X and Y Intercepts
- Graphing Linear Equations in Slope-Intercept Form
- Graphing Linear Equations in Standard Form
- Writing Equations in Slope-Intercept Form
- Writing Equations in Point-Slope Form
- Solving Simple Equations
- Combining Like Terms to Solve Equations
- Using the Distributive Property to Solve Equations
- Solving Equations with Variables on Both Sides
- Literal Equations
- Equations with No Solutions and Infinitely Many Solutions
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Graphing
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Substitution
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Elimination Using Addition
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Elimination Using Subtraction
- Relations and Functions
- Representations of Functions
- Linear Functions
- Linear and Nonlinear Functions
- Sketching Functions
- Classifying Real Numbers
- Rational Numbers as Decimals
- Approximating Square Roots
- Comparing and Ordering Real Numbers
- Congruent Figures
- Composite Transformations
- Similar Figures
- Parallel Lines and Transversals
- Interior and Exterior Angles of Triangles
- Angles of Polygons
- Similar Triangles
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Converse of the Pythagorean Theorem
- Distance Formula
- Volume of Cylinders
- Volume of Cones
- Volume of Spheres
- Scatter Plots
- Lines of Fit
- Two-Way Frequency Tables
Guided notes are the foundation of my classroom. Here’s why:
- Guided notes keep all students actively engaged in class. Students follow along and fill in missing words and numbers and answer questions. They allow students to focus on problem solving rather than using their working memory to write down everything they hear the teacher say.
- Students create their own reference guide to help them remember and internalize what they learned in class. They can easily refer back to what they learned in previous classes to help them with spiral review, homework, studying for assessments and most importantly building on prior knowledge to learn new concepts.
- It helps students organize information and understand what is important. Middle school students are often new to the expectation of notetaking and guided notes are a perfect way to introduce this practice and perfect a lifelong skill. The blanks can be used as cues to help students decipher what is expected of them- they can tell if a longer definition should be recorded or a smaller blank means they should write an important vocabulary word or number.
- They relieve the stress that many students feel when expected to accurately copy diagrams, figures and equations off the board. Having them right on their notes page allows them to focus on problem solving and less about accurately copying complex notes off the board.
- Guided notes are especially beneficial for students with special education needs and English Language Learners and can easily be adapted to accommodate specific needs.
You may also like these other products pair perfectly with this resource:
8th Grade Digital Worksheet Bundle
Copyright © To The Square Inch LLC
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.